CBS Project Manager (CBS PM) – FINCA Tajikistan
FINCA’s network of 20 community-based microfinance institutions and banks use Fintech to expand financial inclusion, offering innovative, responsible and impactful financial services to low-income clients.
FINCA Tajikistan has become a leader in the microfinance sector in Tajikistan by fulfilling the FINCA Impact Finance purpose of being an unconventional, community-based financial institution that profitably and responsibly provides innovative and impactful financial services to enable low-income individuals and communities to invest in their futures.
CBS Project Manager Role Purpose
Reporting to the Chief Executive officer and the Director of the Program Management Office (PMO), the CBS Project Manager is responsible for enabling CBS implementation and business transformation through execution of technology and business projects, including operations, IT, and other projects as assigned, utilizing standard project management processes.
The CBS Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control, and closing of CBS implementation projects assigned to him/ her.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are aligned to the approved scope, schedule, and budget.
- Provide regular updates on the deliverables of the project in comparison to approved scope.
- Exclusively use the tools approved by the Project Management Office for tracking, monitoring, and reporting progress of projects.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the relationship and communication with third parties during the lifecycle of the project and for transitioning the vendor to the business as usual support once the project has been concluded.
- Develop the project budgets that are consistent with the scope of work for the lifecycle of the project from the initiation to the closure.
- Ensure resources required for the execution of the project are made available and define the resource plan for the duration of the project.
- Track the tasks as per the approved project schedules and ensure deviations are communicated to the appropriate resources.
- Adhere to the Global Project Management Standards and adapt them to meet the subsidiary procedures as required by the relevant Board and/or Regulatory bodies
- Measure the performance of the projects and take the necessary steps to document lessons learned and improve on those areas that are lacking for subsequent projects.
- Facilitate and create channels of communication between the teams, sponsor, support departments and external parties during the project lifecycle.
- Ensure risks and issues management are timely and comprehensively tracked and reported for the lifecycle of the project and establish contingency measures and controls.
- Degree in Business Administration and/or Management or similar.
- Project management certification is highly desirable. (PMP, PRINCE2, AGILE, SCRAM, SaFe)
- CBS implementation Project Management experience in market where FINCA Impact Finance operates – experience in Tajikistan is preferred.
- Experience of working with multicultural teams/environments is an advantage.
- Experience in projects using Agile methodologies is an advantage.
- Proven ability to deliver projects within budget and time constraints.
- Experience working in the financial industry is an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge in Project Management – frameworks, disciplines, principles, methods, and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of MS Project Professional and MS Project Online.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Pro and MS Office 365,
- Experience with project planning and building business cases
- Able to manage simultaneously multiple projects involving various stakeholders and to deliver results within deadlines.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills in analysis, problem-solving, and resolving disputes
- Proven ability to delegate and to empower teams.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Fluency in English and Tajik/or Russian is required.
- Availability to travel upon management request 15% of time domestically/international.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply in the Careers section via the link https://www.finca.tj
The deadline for accepting applications is April 15, 2021.